What is machine tool? A machine tool is a machine that processes blanks or workpieces of metal or other materials to obtain the required geometric shape, dimensional accuracy and surface quality.
Machine tools are used for machining parts of mechanical products. A machine tool is a machine that manufactures a machine, as well as a machine that can manufacture the machine tool itself. This is the main feature that distinguishes the machine tool from other machines, so the machine tool is also called the mother machine or toolroom machine. Machine tools have many parts, some of which are machine tool sensors, machine tool probes, etc. As the first manufacturer in the field of CNC machine tool probes in China, Pioneer CNC has always persisted in independent development on the machine tool and worked hard to reach the world advanced level.
Machine tool mainly includes: metal cutting machine tool, which is mainly used for cutting metal; woodworking machine tool, which is used for cutting wood; special processing machine tools, which uses physical and chemical methods to perform special processing on workpieces; and forging machinery. Machine tool in a narrow sense only refers to metal cutting machine tool that is most widely used with the largest quantity.
Metal cutting machine tool can be divided into many types according to different classification methods.
1. According to the processing method or processing object, it can be divided into lathe, drilling machine, boring machine, grinder, gear cutting machine tool, threading machine tool, spline processing machine tool, milling machine, planing machine, slotting machine, broaching machine, non-traditional machine tool, sawing machine and dividing machine, etc.
Each category is divided into several groups according to its structure or processing objects, and each group is divided into several types;
2. According to the size of the workpiece and the weight of the machine tool, it can be divided into instrument machine tool, medium and small machine tool, large machine tool, heavy machine tool and super heavy machine tool;
3. According to the machining accuracy, it can be divided into ordinary precision machine tool, precision machine tool and high precision machine tool;
4. According to the degree of automation, it can be divided into manual operation machine tool, semi-automatic machine tool and automatic machine tool;
5. According to the automatic control mode of the machine tool, it can be divided into profiling machine tool, program control machine tool, digital control machine tools, adaptive control machine tool, machining center and flexible manufacturing system.
6. According to the scope of application of the machine tool, it can be divided into general-purpose, specialized and special-purpose machine tools;
7. Among the special machine tools, there is an automatic or semi-automatic machine tool based on standard general-purpose components and a small amount of special components designed according to the specific shape of the workpiece or the processing technology, which is called the modular machine tool.
8. For the processing of one or several parts, a series of machine tools are arranged in sequence according to the procedure, and equipped with automatic loading and unloading devices and automatic workpiece transfer devices between the machine tools. The machine tool group formed in this way is called the automatic cutting production line.
9. The flexible manufacturing system is composed of a set of digitally controlled machine tools and other automated process equipment, controlled by an electronic computer, can automatically process workpieces with different procedures, and can adapt to multiple varieties of production.
Machine tools are the basic production equipment of the mechanical industry, and its variety, quality and processing efficiency directly affect the production technology level and economic benefits of other mechanical products. Therefore, the modernization level and scale of the machine tool industry, as well as the number and quality of the machine tools owned are one of the important symbols of a country's industrial development.