(1) The composition of in-machine tool setter: It is generally composed of a sensor, a signal interface and a tool setting macro program software.
(2) The classification and application scope of in-machine tool setter
According to the working mode of the sensor, the in-machine tool setter can be divided into contact tool setters and laser tool setter. The repetitive measurement accuracy of the contact tool setter is 1μm. According to the different signal transmission methods of the tool setter, it can be further subdivided into the following categories:
1. The cable tool setter is the most common in work because it does not need to change the tool components and has the highest single-piece cost-effective. The disadvantage is that the dragging of the cable limits the application of the tool setter. It is mainly suitable for small and medium-sized three-axis milling machines or machining centers.
2. Infrared tool setter, whose signal transmission range is generally within 6 meters. Its advantage is the use of encoded HDR (high-speed data transmission) infrared technology, which avoids the inconvenience and potential safety problems caused by cable dragging. It is suitable to be used on machine tools that can automatically change tools without affecting the processing cycle. The disadvantage is that there are unsafe factors such as signal blocking when using infrared signals. Suitable for use on small machining centers, but not suitable for large machine tools and large CNC vertical lathes. Therefore, it is suitable for small machining centers, but not suitable for large machine tools and large CNC vertical lathes.
3. Wireless tool setter. The transmission range of wireless signal is generally above 10 meters. Its advantage is that the wireless signal has large transmission range, and it is not easily affected by the environment. It can be used on all kinds of machine tools and is not afraid of signal blocking. The disadvantage is that it is more expensive. This kind of tool setter is mainly used for large and heavy machine tools.
4. Laser tool setter. When the laser beam is blocked by the rotating tool, a trigger signal is generated. The essential difference between the laser tool setter and the contact tool setter is that the laser tool setter adopts non-contact measurement and there is no contact force when setting the tool. Therefore, it can measure very small tools without worrying about the damage of the contact force to the small tools.
At the same time, due to the high-speed rotation of the tool setter during the measurement process, the measurement state is almost identical to the actual machining state, which improves the actual tool setting accuracy. Due to the use of laser technology, the tool setter can scan the shape of the tool to measure the contour of the tool, and can monitor the damage of a single edge of a multi-blade tool. The main disadvantage is the complex structure, which requires additional high-quality air source to protect the internal structure. The cost is high, and it is mainly suitable for five-axis high-speed machining centers. Moreover, it has a higher cost and is mainly suitable for five-axis high-speed machining centers.
Automatic measurement and parameter update of tool length/diameter:
The length/diameter of the tool is dynamically measured during rotation. The measurement parameters include the error from the spindle end of the machine tool to the tool end/radial runout, so as to obtain the "dynamic" of the tool during high-speed machining. Tool parameters can be automatically measured at any time, which greatly eliminates the "change" of tool parameters caused by thermal processing. The measurement results are automatically updated to the corresponding tool parameter table, effectively avoiding the potential risks of tool setting and parameter input.
Automatic monitoring of tool wear/breakage:
In the actual production process, when the tool is worn or damaged (broken), it is difficult for the operator to find and correct it in time (especially for small-diameter drilling tools), resulting in more subsequent tool damage or even scrapped workpieces. The in-machine tool setter can automatically measure the tool length after the tool is completed and before returning to the tool magazine. If normal wear occurs, the wear value can be automatically updated as the tool damage parameter. If the tool is damaged (broken), a new tool can be selected for the next workpiece processing, or it can be automatically closed, and an alarm will be issued to remind the operator to change the tool. It can improve product quality and reduce tool wear or scrap rate.
Automatic compensation of machine tool thermal deformation:
During the production and processing of the Pioneer machine and tool, as the ambient temperature changes and the work load changes, the machine tool thermally deforms at any time, and the tool also changes at the same time. The intuitive feeling is that the dimensional accuracy of products processed by the same machine at different times in the workshop differs greatly in the morning and evening. After using the in-machine tool setter, the tool parameters can be automatically measured and updated at any time before or during processing. Each measurement is carried out in the current state of the machine tool thermal deformation tool settings, greatly reducing the error caused by the thermal deformation of the machine tool.
Tool contour measurement and monitoring:
In some special machining processes, such as forming tools, it is a time-consuming and complicated task to measure the contour of the tool and determine the state of the tool using an external tool setting tool. At the same time, the operator needs to have high tool setting skills. At this time, if you use the in-machine laser tool setter, the laser beam can be used to scan or monitor the tool contour at any time, and it can automatically update the corresponding parameters as needed to ensure the final accuracy of the workpiece:
The in-machine tool setter is a new technology and new process in the technology promotion stage, which can bring intuitive quality improvement and benefits to users. It has many advantages and development potential, and has a very broad application prospect. CNC machining is a comprehensive and complex process, and the quality of the workpiece is comprehensively affected by many factors. Only by comprehensively considering various factors and applying corresponding technologies to improve and improve, can the accuracy of the workpiece be guaranteed and gradually improved.