1. Please pay attention to the size of the part (e.g. small threaded bottom hole), spacing or position, not to shape error (e.g. positioning pinhole);
2. Ensure that the processing equipment used can process parts with good enough shape, the size and position accuracy is high, especially for the measurement of discrete points, should use contact trigger measurement;
3. The touch trigger probe is faster than scanning probe, trigger probe volume is small, when the measurement space is narrow, the probe is easy to access parts;
4. Generally speaking, the use and maintenance cost of touch trigger probe is low; There is a lot of geometric measurement in the mechanical industry, the focus is only on the size and position of parts, so most of the current market measuring machines, especially medium precision measuring machines, still use contact touch trigger probe.
The scanning touch probe is suitable for measuring parts and profiles with shape requirements: the main advantage of scanning measurement is fast data acquisition. These data can not only determine the size and position of parts but also accurately describe the shape and contour of multiple points, especially for parts with strict shape and contour requirements. The shape of the part directly affects the performance (e.g. blade, elliptical piston, etc.)
When not sure whether the processing equipment used can produce good enough shape of parts, shape error becomes the main problem, also suitable for high-precision measurement: scanning touch probe is to measure the uniform force or constant force measurement points of discrete points, measuring point accuracy is higher.
Because the scanning touch probe can directly judge the guiding quantity of the contact point, the scanning probe has advantages in the measurement of discrete points for occasions requiring strict positioning and directional measurement:
1. In the case of contact probe can be used, choose non-contact touch probe carefully;
2. In the case of only measuring size and position elements, contact touch trigger probe is selected as far as possible;
3. Considering the cost and meeting the requirements, as far as possible choose contact touch trigger probe;
4. The scanning touch probe is used when the shape and contour accuracy is higher;
5. Scanning touch probe should be able to measure discrete points;
6. Consider the interchangeability of the scanning touch probe and the touch trigger probe (generally achieved with the universal probe);
7. Non-contact touch probe can be used for the measurement of parts with easy deformation, parts with low precision, and parts requiring large amounts of data;
8. Consider software, additional hardware (e.g. touch probe controller, cable).
1. Advantages of scanning touch probe
(1) Suitable for shape and contour measurement;
(2) High extraction point rate;
(3) High-density sampling points ensure good repeatability and reproducibility;
(4) More advanced data processing capabilities.
2. Advantages of touch trigger probe
(1) Suitable for measuring spatial prismatic objects and known surfaces;
(2) Strong versatility;
(3) Various types of trigger probes and accessories are available;
(4) Low purchasing and operating costs;
(5) Simple application;
(6) Suitable for dimensional measurement and online applications;
(7) Rugged and durable;
(8) Small size, easy to use in narrow space;
(9) The dynamic performance of the measuring machine has little influence on the measuring accuracy because the measuring machine is in a state of uniform linear and low speed.